10.15.2008

What this is all about

When my blog, RookieMoms.com, began to catch the eye of public relations folks who were in search of bloggers who would write about their products, the pitches started rolling in. Many of them are for things that don't interest me, many have been wonderful offers, and all of them have reminded me that I am one of the last people who should be getting free stuff. I have a home, a family, and enough resources to live a comfortable life. I kept thinking about those who are struggling and how frustrated they would be to know that I have been sent Hanes underwear for my son, a photo printer from HP, and parenting books packed with helpful advice.

I have now decided that when possible, I will encourage the company to give whatever they're offering me to someone who really needs it. And, I want to encourage the blogger community to donate their "free stuff" to others as well.

1 comment:

Alison Kerr said...

I thoroughly approve of your idea. If someone offered me a product I'd not know what to do with it, except use it for a giveaway, unless it was a great book, or fresh food and vegetables!

I like the idea of bloggers giving back :-)